My ambition: Make knowledge grow, flow and create value, with people at the centre.
My expertise: Boost the strategic transformation of international companies through programs encompassing change management, knowledge transfer, social learning, well-being, collaboration and digitization.
My method: Start from a business objective and a white page, co-design the change with a bottom-up approach, and realize the transformation with the help of a small diverse team assisted by many local change agents. I measure the realization of the business objective and the engagement via analytics.
: People Development, Well-Being, Training, Teaching, Business, Economics, Technology, Science, Mechanics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence.
: Conference Speaker, Social Collaboration, Strategic Planning, Cultural Transformation, Digitization, Change Management, Program Management, Consulting, Knowledge Management, Communities of practices, Document Management, Business Process Analysis, Survey Design, Business Analytics, Data Visualization.
Strong experience in multicultural and international environments, with English as the main working language. Experience of expatriation in Canada during five years.
Schneider Electric (SE), France
Since January 2011
Director - Knowledge Management Office Drive the knowledge management and social collaboration strategy. Federates 180+ communities of practice with 20000 members, interacting daily on our enterprise social collaboration platform. Lead the Schneider internal Wikipedia. Coach several global knowledge management projects. Support local KM initiatives, promote their re-use and expansion globally. Deliver performance management trainings.
AREVA T&D, France
December 2009 - December 2010
Enterprise Collaboration and
Knowledge Management Domain Manager.
Lead the strategy, architecture and implementation of the organization-wide knowledge sharing.
Deployed best practices for virtual team collaboration and collaboration tools
May 2007- November 2009
Collaboratation Business Program
Managed the Pilot of the Collaboration project, whose objective is to
instill the collaboration culture and provide the environment to
efficiently team up internally and externally. The pilot was deployed
to 2300 users located in about 10 locations in 4 countries, on the
latest Microsoft 2007 technologies. Managed the global deployment of
team collaboration with SharePoint, focused on user change management
and best practices.
November 2003 - April 2007
Portal & Search Business Project Manager.
Schlumberger to successfully capture and re-use business-driven
knowledge, through content management tools and processes. Managed the
corporate Portal, search and online translation, the Schlumberger
Wikipedia, Wikis, Blogs and RSS feeds. Initiated and managed the CRONOS
Records Management project, which aim was to deploy good Records
Management practices in Schlumberger
March 2002 - October 2003
Enterprise Business Process and
KM Manager at SchlumbergerSema. In charge of
accounting business solution side of the SchlumbergerSema PARMA (Project
Accounting and Resource Management) project. My role was to define and
deploy global business processes with the help of subject matter
experts. The project was cancelled when Schlumberger divested Sema to
March - December 2002
KM Business Manager at
Created and lead the bid management community of practice (CoP) that
reached 500+ members worldwide. Managed a team that designed the global
Project Accounting processes and rules for SchlumbergerSema
November 1997 - February 2002
Technical Documentation Project
Designed and managed the worldwide deployment of the corporate
Technical Document Management System used to produce XML-based
technical documentation. Designed and deployed the SGML authoring
environment that was used to publish the Schlumberger-specific SAP user
help-on-line. Supervised the authoring.
Parker Williborg (PW), France
February 1994 - October 1997
Realized audits in document organization that lead to the definition of
needs, opportunity studies, and feasibility studies. Defined
specifications, conceived functional architectures, and managed request
for proposals. Trained clients on methodologies.
Bureau van Dijk (BvDIC
March 1993 - August 1993
Prospected potential clients in document management consulting and à la
carte publishing of databases on CD-ROM.
Marie de France High School (CMF), Canada
September 1989 - June 1991
Designed and taught courses for 200+ students from 11 to 18 years old.
Trained adults to use computers. Managed the Photo club.
1990-1992 MBA, International
Marketing - McGill University
1987-1989 Masters of Sciences, Applied
Mathematics - Ecole
Polytechnique de Montréal
Thesis: Navigation of an autonomous mobile vehicule in a mine
1983-1988 Masters of Sciences, Robotics, and Automation Engineering - Ecole Supérieure
d'Ingénieurs en Electronique et Electrotechnique
Professional Qualifications, Certifications and Affiliations
- University instructor at Kedge Business School, SKEMA and CNAM (2016-2017)
- Certified MindGym trainer for Great Feedback and Performance Coaching, since December 2016
- Well-Being trainer, via The Energy Project, since November 2016
- Certified facilitator of the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology since September 2016
- MOOC Methods for surveys, at France Université Numérique (France), 2016
- MOOC Exploratory Multivariate Analysis, Business Statistics with R, at France Université Numérique (France), 2015
- MOOC Statistical analysis with R, Business Statistics,at France Université Numérique (France), 2014
- Secretary of COP-1, the French association of managers of big companies involved in KM.
- Honorary President of the McGill Alumi Society of France; President 2003-2008
- Swimming, science-fiction, architecture, gardening, do-it-yourself, cooking, photography, art.
Presentations - Publications - Contributions
- Social Learning and Learning Communities (Social learning et communautés d'apprentissage) (PDF), at Les Rencontres du eLearning et de la Formation Mixte, Paris, 14-15 November 2017
- Cohabitation harmonieuse entre Teams et Yammer chez Schneider Electric (PDF) published in Collaboratif-info., 20 October 2017
- Entre structuration des connaissances et socialisation des pratiques, comment faire évoluer les modes de gestion des connaissances et garantir leur efficacité ? (PDF), at ANVIE, Paris, 10 October 2017
- Schneider Electric, retour sur l'usage des outils collaboratifs dans une approche de Knowledge Management globalisée (PDF), at Microsoft Experiences 17, Paris, 03 October 2017
- Next-generation Communities of Practice: Schneider Electric SE Case Study. This 23-page case study details how Schneider Electric built an enterprise community management program and quickly established a large number of thriving communities in order to bolster online collaboration across its global workforce. APQC (American Productivity and Quality Center), June 2017
- Les communautés d'innovation (Innovation Communities). Chapter 8 of the book describes the steering of the Schneider Electric communities of practice through the Communities@Work program. Extracts of the book (PDF). June 2017.
- Communautés de pratique et management de la formation (Communities of Practice and the Management of Learning). Chapter 9 of the book describes the framework of the Schneider Electric communities of practice. Flyer (PDF). June 2017.
- Le programme Communities@Work pour piloter les communautés de pratique (Steering Communities of Practice through the Communities@Work program(PDF), at Knowledge Communities Observatory (KCO), Toulon, France, 12-13 June 2017
- Encourage the adoption of the Social Professional Network through the communities(PDF), at Intra.Net Reloaded, Berlin, Germany, 27-28 April 2017
- What is the secret of the vitality of the communities of Schneider Electric? (Video). Interview by
Intra.Net Reloaded, Berlin, Germany, 27-28 April 2017
- Les communautés apprenantes dans les grandes organisations (Video); table ronde 1, L'apport des communautés à la stratégie (PDF). Conférence de l'association CoP-1, Paris, France, 24 November 2016
- L'entreprise à l'ère du digital - Nouvelles pratiques collaboratives (New collaborative practices in the digital enterprise). The Schneider Electric enterprise community management program 'Communities@Work' and internal wikipedia 'iSEE' are highlighted as role models. Extracts of the book (PDF). November 2016.
- La transformation digitale des entreprises (Digital transformation of the enterprises). The Schneider Electric Knowledge Management Office, 'Communities@Work', the enterprise community management program and 'Spice', the enterprise social network, are highlighted. Extracts of the book (PDF). October 2016.
- La mode des réseaux sociaux d'entreprise (Enterprise Social Networks are trendy) (PDF). Article published in L'Expansion on 30 August 2016.
- The Well-Being Yoga Lab I am organizing in Schneider Electric, Paris (France) (Video). Video broadcasted in TV program "L'heure H" on
BFM Business, 24 August 2016
- L'intelligence a-t-elle encore sa place en entreprise ?, at La Maison du Management, Paris, France, 11 février 2016
employee engagement and business value through global communities(PDF), at APQC MENA KM Conference, Dubai, UAE, 19 November 2015
to foster expertise sharing and break silos (Les communautés pour décloisonner et partager les expertises) (PDF),
at Congrès HR, Paris, 7 October 2015
- Measure the Business Value of Communities of Practice (PDF),
at 1er SYMPOSIUM du Knowledge Communities Observatory, KEDGE Business School Toulon, France, 11-12 June 2015.
- Communities of Practice and Busines Value (PDF),
at Ecole de Management , Strasbourg, France, 2 April 2015. Video recording of the event.
- From the Knowledge Sharing towards the Digital Transformation (PDF),
at Enterprise 2.0, Paris, France, 5 February 2015
- Collaborative efficiency (Efficacité collaborative) (PDF),
at Évènement 01 Business Forum, Paris, France, 4 February 2015
- Schneider-Electric, its communities, its social network (Schneider Electric, ses communautés, son réseau social d'entreprise) (Video). Interview in TV program "Good Morning Business" on
BFM Business, 19 January 2015
l’engagement des employés et la valeur de l’entreprise grâce aux communautés globales (Augmenting employee engagement and business value
through global communities) (PDF),
at Colloque InnovENT-E– Communautés de pratiques, Paris, France, 8 December 2014
le learning à l’heure du digital, question de mindset ou de technologie? (Augmenting employee engagement and business value through
global communities) (PDF),
at LTD Conference,
Paris, France, 4 December 2014. Video published (Video).
- Quels dispositifs pour susciter de nouvelles formes d’attention et de coopération et pour favoriser l’acquisition de nouvelles compétences ?
(Augmenting employee engagement and business value through global communities) (PDF),
participant at the ANVIE
workshop Quelles nouvelles pratiques
encourager et quelles formes d’organisation du travail adopter pour une meilleure efficacité ?, Paris, France, 3 December 2014
collective et performance. Les communautés de pratiques chez Schneider Electric (Collective Intelligence and Performance. Communities of
Practice at Schneider Electric) (PDF), at Université Ouverte des Compétences Conference, Paris, France, 2 December 2014. Video recording of the event.
Global Business Value via Knowledge Collaboration (PDF), at KMWorld Conference,
Washington, DC, USA, 7 November 2014
Electric tord le cou à quelques idées reçues sur le 2.0 (Schneider Electric debunks some misconceptions about 2.0). Article
published in BFM TV on 25
- KM, Competitive Intelligence, Collaboration 2.0 (KM, intelligence
compétitive, collaboration 2.0) (PDF), at I-Expo workshop, Paris, France, 11 June 2014
- Les communautés renforcent l'entreprise (PDF).
Article published in L'Usine Nouvelle
on 5 June 2014.
- Social media: What’s trending? Article published in the Schneider-Electric Sustainability Report 2013-2014 on May 2014.
employee engagement and business value through global communities
(PDF), at APQC KM Conference, Houston, Tx, USA, 10 April 2014
An Active, Viable, Collaborative on-Line Community (PDF). White paper published on
the Schneider-Electric Web Site
on 19 March 2014.
- Hooking a Program of Enterprise Communities Management to a Social Network Platform - One Year Later (Greffer un programme de communautés métiers
au réseau social d'entreprise - Un an après) (PDF), at Congrès LTD,
Paris, 5 December 2013
Electric finalist at KM Reality Awards at the 2013 KMWorld Conference 2013. Schneider Electric was finalist of the 2013 KMWorld
Reality Award, thanks to both its enterprise community management
program and its social collaboration platform. KM World on 29 October 2013.
Electric Plugs its Employees on its Enterprise Social Network (Schneider Electric branche ses salariés sur son réseau social).
Article published in the magazine 01 Business on 17 October 2013.
a Program of Enterprise Communities Management to a Social Network Platform (Greffer un programme de communautés métiers au réseau social
at Congrès HR , Paris, 8 October 2013
to Avoid Chaos 2.0? (Comment éviter le chaos 2.0 ?) (Video).
Roundable in the TV program 01 Business on BFM TV, 14 September 2013.
Enterprise Social Network, Enabler of Growth (Le RSE comme levier de croissance). Article and video interview published in the
magazine INfluencia on September 2013.
to get Support and Sponsorship for Social Collaboration and Make it Fly
(PDF), at World Class Social-enabled Enterprise 2013, Frankfurt, 12-13 June 2013
of Practice, first enabler of Schneider Electric's Enterprise Social Network (PDF).
Article published in Collaboratif-Info on 25 April 2013.
the Community Management Program to the Enterprise Social Network to
Organize Collaboration around Business Objects (PDF), at Les Carrefours Logistiques of BECOMM, Paris, April
2013. Presidency of Day 1. Article published in Collaboratif-Info
Communities Foster Knowledge Sharing? (PDF), at Enterprise 2.0 Summit,
Paris, 20-21 March 2013. Articles published in Collaboratif-Info,
Petit Web, CIO Online et L'Atelier
- KM methods and practices - Communities and Collective Intelligence
Article published in Documentaliste - Sciences de
l'Information 2012/2 Vol. 49, Page 51.
Enterprise Social Networks, what is the Role of the Training Function in the
Construction of Learning Networks? (PDF),
at Congrès LTD , Paris, 19 June 2012
- Speaker at the webcast "HR
Challenges and Solutions: Engaging and Empowering Employees in the New
Workplace" by Corporate
Leaders, 16 May 2012
- Communities for our Collective Intelligence (PDF),
participant at the ANVIE
managers to promote networking, Paris, 9 May 2012
- How can Communities of Practice help transform the Business and the
at Congrès HR , Paris, 4 April 2012
- Moderator of the roundtable "Manage
the organizational change in an Enterprise 2.0" at Competitive
Intelligence and Knowledge Management, 30 March 2012
- Speaker at the round table "La
Tribune des Métiers de l'Infodoc" at Documation 2011, Paris, 24 March 2011
vidéos en ligne pour le knowledge management (PDF), Documentaliste
- Sciences de l'information, 2010, vol 47, n°4
- Value of video as a way to accelerate user change management, two examples: Optimize Your Team Meetings (Video) and Effective Document Review (Video)
- Enterprise 2.0. Participation to a round table at the
iExpo - KM Forum 2.0, Paris, June 2009
2.0 tools and social networks (PDF),
Carrefours Logistiques de BECOMM, Paris, March 2009
Coll@borate: Increasing Productivity Through Technology (PDF), SPE R&D
Conference, Lisbon, Portugal, March 2009.
of practices, tools 2.0, social networks: how to optimize and regulate their use (PDF),
participant at the ANVIE
Enterprise 2.0, Paris, November 2008,
management of communities of practice (PDF), participated to a round
table at the iExpo
- KM Forum 2.0, Paris, June 2008. Notes.
- "Deployment of a Collaborative Working Environnement" (PDF),
a joint Accenture and Microsoft event,
Paris, May 2008
- Apprivoiser MoReq - Pour archiver et conserver l’information, participation to the French working group on best practices to implement the Model Requirements for the Management of Electronic Records, January 2005 - October 2007.
- The new tools are coming, Archimag, June 2007
- "Schlumberger Hub and Blogs", Presentation to the Schlumberger Legal Community, Paris, January 2007,
- How to Save Money
Through Compliance and Records Management? (PDF), Atos-Origin and Filenet
Workshop, Paris, November 2006,
- "Good governance helps enterprise content management systems: example of the redesign of
The Hub", Schlumberger internal Eureka Information Management CoP workshop, Houston, November 2005, Schlumberger internal
Eureka Information Management CoP workshop, Houston, November 2005
- "Designing good records management practices: the concept phase of the CRONOS project", Schlumberger internal Eureka
Information Management CoP workshop, Houston, November 2005
- Strategy and Governance
of Content Management and Collaborative Systems (PDF), Documation 2005, Paris, March 2005
Operational Aspect of KM at Schlumberger (PDF), with Hervé Gibert
(Principal Business Consultant, SchlumbergerSema), KM Forum, Paris, October 2003
Management and Business in a Multinational Corporation (PDF), Rencontres
CXP (Giga Group), Paris, June 2003
Management and Business in a Multinational Corporation (PDF), Les Carrefours
Logistiques de BECOMM, Paris, February 2003
Management and Know-How Sharing: The Métier Repository (PDF), with Jérome Clauzure
(Consultant SchlumbergerSema), KM Forum, Paris, September 2002
Management and Business in a Multinational Corporation (PDF), Les Carrefours
Logistiques de BECOMM, Paris, June 2002
- How to Produce and Enhance the Value of Operational Information in a
Multinational Corporation (PDF), IDT/Net, Paris, June 2002
- The Challenge of
Updating a Structured Technical Documentation in XML (PDF), Documation,
Paris, March 2002
Sharing of Know-How, Interview in e+ l'Usine Nouvelle, December 2001
- Deployment of an XML
Documentation and Training Project Across a Multinational Corporation
(PDF), XML USA, Florida, December 2001
- KM at
Schlumberger, the role of the information and documentation
professionals (PDF), ANVIE,
Paris, October 2001
- Technology Based Training
and Documentation - Different and Yet Similar (PDF), KM
Forum, Paris, September 2001
Data: relational databases are resisting, Décision Micro, 18 June 2001
- Networking for Technical
Excellence and Business Success (PDF),
(Association des Professionnels de l'Information et de la Documentation), Paris, January 2001
- Networking for
Technical Excellence and Business Success (PDF), ANVIE
(Association Nationale pour la Valorisation Interdisciplinaire de la recherche en sciences de l'homme et de la société auprès des Entreprises), Paris, October 2000
- Publication and Distribution of
XML-Based On-Line Training (PDF),
Documation 2000, Paris, March 2000.
de documentation utilisateur basée sur XML (PDF), Magazine de l'AA-ESIEE,
No 256, juillet-aout 99
- Single Source Publishing
with XML (PDF),
Help Conference 99, London, UK, June 1999. A Truly European Case Study
- XML and EDI (PDF), Petroleum
Industry Data Exchange 99, Houston, TX, USA, March 1999
- Production of End User
Documentation from a Unique Source in SGML/XML Format (PDF), Forum
XML 98,Paris, France, November 1998
- What are the Fundations, Services, Functionalities, and Limitations of
Intranets ?, EuroForum 97, Paris, France, September 1997
- Access to Information
Repositories through an Intranet in a French Multinational, IDT 97, Paris June 1997
- Creation of Normative Documents in a Big French Company - Case Study, IRDAC, Paris, May 1997
- Access to Document Management
Databases on an Intranet, Documation 97, Paris, February 1997.